1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=213&sid=3ce44ebc995309f3156a567d1fb0c200&start=10
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Pilus is a rather good friend of mine and is always happy to answer my questions and those of guildies and the like when I prod him on msn. As such, if anyone has a query, suggestion etc. regarding any of the GH addons, don't hesitate to post here or give me a prod in-game and I'll be happy to pass them on.
Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore
Did he mention any ideas of joining together with Verisimilar?

Or are they going to be rival addons like FlagRSP and MyRolePlay?

~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Yeah!

Verisimilar lacks items so far, but they intend to add items in future apparently.
And GH hasn't got a quest addon yet, but it obviously has awesome custom items.

Tell him he will have my eternal stalkery love if he and the Verisimilar person end up collaborating on this. :D
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
I'll mention it to him tomorrow.

I'm personally far more excited about GHP than Veri... but only because I helped do some work on GHP :P.

Alquanis Firesong
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Lethys wrote:
Did he mention any ideas of joining together with Verisimilar?

Or are they going to be rival addons like FlagRSP and MyRolePlay?

Miraene wrote:
Yeah!

Verisimilar lacks items so far, but they intend to add items in future apparently.
And GH hasn't got a quest addon yet, but it obviously has awesome custom items.

Tell him he will have my eternal stalkery love if he and the Verisimilar person end up collaborating on this. :D

I don't even have to say anything with you guys around here.
/agree
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Oh, and another thing, something I forgot to mention. I'm not sure which version is the most recent, though, so this may have been "fixed" already. But I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I like how you can put requirements on items, so that in order to use them, the player must fulfill the specified requirements. It's also great that you can add an effect that happens when you try using the items when the requirements are not met. It opens a lot of possibilities.

But here's the thing: In the older version I used, you only had to fill in the requirements, and make the item, and that was it. If the requirements were fulfilled, the item worked, if not, the item didn't. But, in a more recent version, another thing was included when it came to requirements - a requirement text.

A text was included in the item description, telling you whether you could use the item or not. This is handy for some situations, but not all. If you make an item with different effects depending on if the requirements are met or not, but technically is still usable in either case, then it looks really bad to have a red text saying "Requires blablabla..." even though you can still use it, and it only requires that in order to work in a special way. Especially if you want this effect to be kept secret.

So, what I'm wondering is if it's possible to include an option not to display the requirements, to have "hidden" requirements, not shown to the player? I'm not an expert or anything, but I can't imagine that it could be too difficult to include something like that, could it?
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore
Did you link that thread with someone ranting over the addon to Pilus yet?

I think you should do it, and he should make an appereance there.

~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
Isn't the first person to start a hate fest about GHI, certainly won't be last.
Alquanis Firesong
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
News just in!

After Christmas, GHI will be updated monthly will all bug fixes and updates. So far, Pilus has been working on lots of content and then updating. Now, however, it will be updated with everything he's done on a monthly basis, come what may!

Alquanis Firesong
Site Admin
Site Admin
I have invited the nice human behind GHI to our loving forums but so far have been ignored.....nice news though
Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=213&sid=3ce44ebc995309f3156a567d1fb0c200&start=10
Jump to :